Wednesday, November 16, 2016

History of Thanksgiving

History of Thanksgiving


Thanksgiving is a National Holiday that is celebrated in Canada and the United States. In canada they celebrate it on the second day of October. In the United States they celebrate it on the fourth thursday of November.


The  first thanksgiving was celebrated by 53 Pilgrims and 90 Native Americans in after their first harvest the celebration lasted for 3 days.

In 1863 Thanksgiving was recognized as a national holiday during the American civil war. President Abraham Lincoln proclaimed a national day of “Thanksgiving.”

I am thankful for every opportunity I had.

I am thankful for having my parents.

Am thankful for having food on the table everyday.

I am grateful for having the opportunity to fulfill  my dreams, to have been able to accomplish what I am today.


No comments:

Post a Comment